Main menu


The Palestinian Authority to the Security Council: Occupation's attacks worsen the situation

The Permanent Representative of the State of Palestine to the United Nations, Riyad Mansour, sent three identical messages to the Secretary-General of the United Nations, the President of the Security Council for this month (Estonia), and the President of the United Nations General Assembly, about the continued intensification of the Israeli occupation forces and extremist settlers in their violent and racist attacks and incitement against the Palestinian people, which exacerbates tensions and leads to a further deterioration of the situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem.

Mansour pointed out that the occupation forces continue, on a regular and violent basis, to attack Palestinian activists in Sheikh Jarrah and Silwan, who are participating in peaceful sit-ins in protest against Israel’s attempts to forcibly expel thousands of Palestinians from their homes in occupied East Jerusalem, in addition to the arrest of the two brothers, Mona and Muhammad Al-Kurd, 23 General, whose family is facing forced displacement from their home in Sheikh Jarrah. Mansour also referred to Israel's intensification of its repressive campaign by attacking a group of journalists and destroying media equipment, noting the arrest of 13 Palestinian journalists in May without any charge or trial.

Mansour also pointed out that Israel continues to target Palestinian citizens of Israel in a campaign that the Israeli police call "settling accounts" with the Palestinians who protested the Israeli aggression on Gaza and ethnic cleansing in East Jerusalem, and the attack on Al-Aqsa Mosque, who are subjected to beatings, torture and intimidation. Mansour also noted that more than 4,000 Palestinians, including women and children, are still subjected to inhuman treatment in Israeli prisons, including physical and psychological torture, and grave violations of human rights, noting that three Palestinian prisoners were seriously injured after being shot during a raid. It was carried out by the Israeli prison guards.